Funders & Technical Assistance Providers
Show-Me-Careers is one of eight state projects awarded a Partnerships in Employment (PIE) grant aimed at improving exisiting state systems to increase competitive employment outcomes for youth and young adults with I/DD. PIE grants are funded by the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD).
Technical Assistance Providers
PIE Training and Technical Assistance Center provides technical assistance (TA) to all eight state projects. The Institute for Community Inclusion (ICI) and the National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities (NASDDDS) are the two agencies providing comprehensive supports to Show-Me-Careers including, on-site coaching, networking, and resource sharing.
PIE's holistic approach to improving grantee state outcomes include:
- Focused, performance-driven, individual state support; state-to-state networking and learning; and aggressive knowledge transfer and information dissemination.
- Annual state site visits, during which we assess state employment policy and practice, support the development of a work plan, and identify areas of expertise and opportunities for state-to-state collaboration.
- Publications and products, including a longitudinal cross-state data analysis on systems-change efforts, self-assessment and performance benchmarking toolkits, and community of practice reports and recommendations.
- Peer-to-peer networking through monthly topical webinars.
- A resource library of model documents and tools essential for government systems change, including MOUs, policies, and service tools.